Financial Aid

Monroe College students may be eligible for one or more types of financial aid in the form of federal, state, and Monroe College grants and scholarships.

Types of financial aid that the federal government offers include loans, grants and work-study program. New York State offers the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP). Monroe College offers various grants and scholarships. Each of these programs have its own eligibility requirements.

To apply for federal aid, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) via the U.S. Department of Education’s website, All applicants must create a Federal Student Aid Identification (FSA ID) by going to To apply for state aid, student must complete the TAP application after submitting the FAFSA.